Introduction to Encryption and Cryptography
- Course provided by Future Learn
- Study type: Online
- Starts: Anytime
- Price: Free
Discover the history of encryption and learn how it's used in the modern world
On this course, you will learn about what encryption is and understand its use in the past by using the Caesar and Vigenère ciphers.
You will also look at the present and future of encryption and investigate both symmetric and asymmetric encryption schemes.
The course includes several practical encryption activities which you can complete and use in your own classroom.
What topics will you cover?
- A brief look at the history of encryption
- The encryption and decryption process, and the importance of keys
- The Caesar and Vigenère Ciphers
- Symmetric and asymmetric encryption schemes
- Public key encryption in the real world
- An introduction to quantum cryptography
When would you like to start?
Start straight away and learn at your own pace. If the course hasn’t started yet you’ll see the future date listed below.
Who is the course for?
This course is designed for teachers delivering computer science lessons in the classroom, at GCSE level or equivalent.