Explore the language and culture of Italy
Have you been dreaming of visiting cities like Venice, Rome and Florence? Have you always wanted to learn Italian and explore Italian culture? If so, this course is perfect for you.
Over six weeks you’ll start to learn Italian online: developing the skills to interact in common conversational situations. You’ll learn how to introduce yourself, answer simple questions, ask for information, and talk about your interests, food and clothes.
You’ll develop your listening and speaking skills through watching short videos which introduce common spoken Italian, vocabulary and grammar patterns.
What topics will you cover?
- How to introduce yourself and/or oneself
- How to say your age, job and nationality
- How to say information about your family
- How to ask for/give directions and to indicate something
- How to contact someone in different situations
- How to ask whether something else is needed
- How to apologise and to answer
- How to describe your habits and the place where you live
- How to propose a social activity
- How to discuss prices
When would you like to start?
Start straight away and learn at your own pace. If the course hasn’t started yet you’ll see the future date listed below.
Who is the course for?
The course is for people who have little or no prior knowledge of Italian and who are interested in discovering Italian language and culture.
Who developed the course?
Università per Stranieri di Siena (UniStraSi)
The University for Foreigners of Siena (UniStraSi) is a public university specialized in the teaching of Italian and other languages and in research on language and culture.