Introduction to Midwifery Certificate
- Course provided by New Skills Academy
- Study type: Online
- Starts: Anytime
- Price: £31 £100
69% discount for Rest Less membersBook online now
Introduction to Midwifery Certificate CoursePLEASE NOTE: Completion of this course does not result in a degree of midwifery or qualify participants to practise professionally. This course is not linked to the NMC. The Introduction to Midwifery Certificate course is filled with instruction that will put you on the path to beginning a career as a successful midwife. Midwifery is one of the oldest professions in the world. The basic role of a midwife is to care for and support pregnant women and their babies before, during, and after giving birth. This course will cover several concepts associated with midwifery, including the history of the profession, how to become a midwife and how to practise as a midwife. This online course provides students with a comprehensive training programme that allows them to study whenever and wherever is convenient. Many enrolled students still work full time and maintain an active lifestyle while pursuing their degrees. To access the study material for the midwifery course, you will need any device with a valid internet connection. In addition, while you study, you are eligible to receive online support. Once you have successfully completed this course, and a multiple-choice exam, you will be awarded your certificate. Your certificate can be downloaded and printed from home, or for a small cost, we can post it to you.
What You Will LearnThe Midwifery course offers students a comprehensive overview into the roles of a midwife. This course will cover:
- The origin and definition of midwifery
- The history of midwifery from the ancient to modern times
- Roles of a midwife
- The educational requirements to becoming a midwife
- Qualifying as a midwife in the UK
- Responsibilities of a midwife
- Midwife practices around the world
- Women’s rights and birth options
- The principles of midwifery and cultural awareness
- Antenatal care and screening
- How midwives support women through labour and birth
- The aims of postnatal care as a midwife
- The importance of breastfeeding
- Blood pressure monitoring and pre-eclampsia
- Infection control and hygiene
- The female anatomy
- Medications and pregnancy
- Emergencies and caesarean section
- Initial baby check and examination
- Conditions with labour and pregnancy
- Mental health issues in pregnancy
Benefits of the Midwifery Certificate CourseStudents working towards achieving a certificate in Midwifery will see a variety of benefits. These include the following:
- The ability to study from home, or anywhere with a convenient internet connection.
- Study at a pace that is comfortable for you. Since there is no time limit for this course, you will complete your studies, regardless of how long it takes you.
- You can study training material on any device including computers, tablets, or mobile phones.
- The ability to easily manage modules and understand course structure.
- Convenient online support available while you train.
- The opportunity to access a comprehensive syllabus that will assist you in acquiring the knowledge necessary to fast track you in the process to becoming a midwife.
- The opportunity to gain prospects while applying for work or volunteer opportunities in the industry.
- A certified and recognised certificate upon successful course completion.
- An affordable pricing structure.