This course is designed to teach students the basics of Software Testing. The material is presented in a step-by-step format from defining what software testing is to reporting software defects.
In this course you will learn the following:
- What is Software Testing
- Why Software Testing is important,
- Software Testing and the economy,
- Software Tester Duties
- What are System Requirements and how Software Testers utilized them.
- What are Test Scenarios/ Test Cases/Test Data
- What are Software Defects
- The cost to fix defects at various phases of the Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC).
- How to create and report defects
- Define Software Testing
- Explain why Software Testing is important
- Explain and understand the importance of Software Testing on the economy
- Define system requirements, analysis, and read system requirements
- Define the duties of a Software Tester
- Define what makes a good Software Tester
- Define test scenarios
- Define and know the parts of test cases
- Define and know the parts of defect report
- Explain how to execute a manual test case
- Cost to fix a defect