Explore the relationship between humans and the environment
This online course explores why and how human activity impacts negatively on the environment, why this is important, and what we are trying to do about it.
- What is sustainability and what is development?
- What impact has human activity had on the environment?
- What actions have we taken so far for sustainable development?
- What actions may we need to take for a sustainable future?
What topics will you cover?
The key topics addressed in this course on sustainability in contemporary international and community development, include:
- Diverse understandings of sustainability and development
- Changing planetary conditions and the growing human population
- What the future might look like, and the potential for technology to save us
When would you like to start?
Start straight away and learn at your own pace. If the course hasn’t started yet you’ll see the future date listed below.
Who is the course for?
This course is designed for those who have an interest in our planet and a sustainable future.
Who developed the course?
Deakin University is one of Australia’s largest universities with more than 61,000 students and over 15,000 online.
World rankingTop 280Source: QS World University Rankings 2021