During this two-hour crash course, your instructor will introduce you to the basics of the jQuery syntax.
Learn about jQuery selectors, one of the most important parts of the jQuery library, and how to manipulate the Document Object Model (DOM). Discover how jQuery events can be used to register behaviors that take effect when the user interacts with the web browser.
You will also learn how to use jQuery to traverse and filter the DOM, which is used to help find HTML elements.
Learn advanced topics, including how to capture mouse events using the jQuery UI framework and some of the popular jQuery plugins used to extend the power of jQuery.
By the end of this course, you will be confident in your knowledge of the fundamentals needed to effectively use jQuery.
This course includes:
- Demo files
- An optional quiz to test what you’ve learned
- Certificate of completion
All of our videos are high-definition videos, therefore, they are best viewed with the HD setting on, and the videos enlarged.
What People Are Saying:
★★★★★ “This course is very good. the explanation is very clear and easy to understand” –Justin Rogers
★★★★★ “Very easy to follow course, extremely informative, very well done. Thank you so much!” –Mike Webster
★★★★★ “Excellent accelerated intro to jQuery. Clearly spoken and the videos are crisp and easily viewed.” –Leslie Milburn
★★★★★ “Instructor did a fantastic job explaining what we were doing. This course is one of the best on the subject that I’ve done. I especially appreciate the project based approach of learning jQuery, but the instructor does a good job walking us through the HTML, CSS, and jQuery of building these examples. I’d definitely take more Simon Sez IT courses from this teacher.” –Daniel Maldonado
- Understand the basics of the jQuery syntax.
- Know how to set and retrieve values.
- Use jQuery effects to apply special effects to web pages
- Work with jQuery to traverse and filter the DOM.
- Understand how to use jQuery selectors.
- How to use Google Chrome as a browse-based development tool.
- How to combine jQuery events with jQuery selectors.
- Know how to capture a mouse event.
- Discover how to record user events that occur on the user’s browser window, a great way to discover usability issues.
- Understand jQuery UI elements, dialog features, a date picker, and special effects.
- Learn some of the more popular jQuery plugins you can use to expand the functionality of jQuery and reduce the code needed to create.