Learning Online: Researching Your Project
- Course provided by Future Learn
- Study type: Online
- Starts: Anytime
- Price: Free
In this course, you’ll explore the rich and diverse range of information available to you online, how to use search tools effectively, and the ways in which you can begin to assess information that you might want to use in your studies. Using a wide range of learning activities, you will be challenged to dig deeper and think critically about the information that you find online.
This course is just one of a series about ‘learning online’, which introduces you to the essential skills and tools you need to study online.
What topics will you cover?
- Searching effectively online using a variety of search engines and tools
- Combining information from multiple sources, blending online and offline materials to aid research
- Sharing research to collaboratively develop a broader understanding of topics
- Assessing and evaluating information: considering the authority, timeliness and relevance of sources to ensure validity
- Critical thinking: utilising information and providing context to research to aid the drawing of conclusions
When would you like to start?
Start straight away and learn at your own pace. If the course hasn’t started yet you’ll see the future date listed below.
Who is the course for?
This course is part of the Going to University collection which has been specifically designed for students at schools and colleges. They provide a taster of undergraduate study at the University of Leeds and help students to decide which subject to study at university.
Completion of the courses will also enhance students’ university applications.
The courses can also be used as a teachers’ classroom enrichment resource.
Courses in this collection are also great for people that want an introduction in the specific subjects discussed in each course.