Legionnaires’ Disease Awareness Certificate
- Course provided by New Skills Academy
- Study type: Online
- Starts: Anytime
- Price: £31£100
69% discount for Rest Less membersBook online now
Legionnaires’ Disease Awareness CertificateOver 300 cases of Legionnaires’ disease are reported every year in England and Wales. The majority of these cases occur in the workplace. It is a serious illness that proves fatal in up to 12% of cases. Legionnaires’ disease is caused by Legionella bacteria, which may grow in water systems. Fortunately, it is relatively simple to identify potential sites of Legionella growth. In this course, you will learn how to identify and manage Legionella and meet your obligations under health and safety law with regards to risk management at work.
You Will Learn
- What causes Legionnaires’ disease, how people catch it, symptoms and who is particularly vulnerable to Legionella bacteria.
- The systems most likely to facilitate the growth of Legionella, including the type of water stored in a system and its temperature.
- How to conduct a risk assessment to identify potential sources of Legionella growth and the obligations of a business owner under the law.
- How and when you should test for Legionella and the main types of tests used in laboratories.
Benefits of Taking This Course
- If you are responsible for controlling work premises, you will benefit from learning what you must do to prevent and handle Legionella growth.
- Anyone who may come into contact with Legionella at work will benefit from learning about the symptoms and effects of Legionnaires’ disease, as prompt intervention saves lives.
- If you are responsible for conducting risk assessments at work, this course will help you ascertain whether there is a reasonable foreseeable risk that someone may become infected with Legionnaires’ disease and put preventive measures in place.
- If you are interested in occupational health or work in an HR role, this course will broaden your knowledge of occupational disease.