Level 2 Food Hygiene and Safety Course for Retail
- Course provided by Lead Academy
- Study type: Online
- Starts: Anytime
- Price: £24£48
All retail food businesses, by law, are required to comply with the established standards and legislations set out by The European Union Regulation (EC) No 852/2004 which encourages the implementation of food safety management systems to protect the health of consumers from any food-borne disease. Noncompliance with proper food hygiene and safety protocols, as well as ineffective food safety protocols, can have lethal consequences causing the food to become contaminated. This course includes the most up-to-date UK and EU laws, rules, and regulations to ensure that you can comply with the requirements while maintaining food hygiene and safety standards that meet your position requirements.
Employers and employees in the retail food industry who have direct contact with food, such as chefs, kitchen assistants, school nursery staff, or care home workers, should take this course to learn the foolproof process of handling food while taking safety precautions and maintaining hygiene.
This Level 2 Food Hygiene and Safety Course for Retail provides a concise insight into the various methods and precautions related to food safety and helps you to understand the important role food safety and hygiene play in terms of maintaining brand identity. Upon successful completion of this course, you will be able to learn how to implement safe food practices to create a better working environment and decrease the risk of customers contracting a foodborne illness.
- Accredited by the CPD Certification Service and IIRSM
- Endorsed by the Institute of Hospitality
- Meets legal standards of UK and EU
- Similar to the RSPH and CIEH curriculum
- Assists in complying with legal obligations
- Self-Paced Online Distance Learning with a duration of approximately 1 hour 15 minutes
Who is this Level 2 Food Safety – Retail Course for?
This comprehensive course is ideal and suitable for anyone working in a retail setting where food is prepared, cooked and handled.
Typical environments may include:
- Pubs, hotels, restaurants;
- Supermarkets and retail environments;
- Food and drink manufacturers;
- Care homes;
Whether you are looking to implement food safety and hygiene practices at your home or you are any professional, working in the capacity of chef, kitchen assistant, teacher, care worker, barista or nursery staff, this Level 2 Food Hygiene and Safety Course for Retail will set you up with the appropriate skills and knowledge to overcome hazards and risk associated to food handling.
Aims and Learning Outcomes of Level 2 Food Safety – Retail Course
By the end of this Level 2 Food Hygiene and Safety Course for Retail, you will:
- Acquire knowledge about food hygiene and safety in Retail food handling industries
- Identify the key factors involved in maintaining high standards of food safety in food Retail food handling industries
- Acquire knowledge about the main food safety legislations available
- Understand how food safety risks and hazards arise throughout different stages of processing, packaging, delivering, serving and storing
- Identity various contamination hazards that can affect food
- Learn about the impact of microorganisms on public health, which is one of the key causes of foodborne illnesses and food poisoning.
- Learn about foodborne illness and food poisoning and ways to control and prevent it
- Understand how poor waste management is linked to improper food hygiene and safety
- Demonstrate the importance of effective pest control to manage and prevent food pests
- Learn to identify and resolve several risk areas and loopholes in the maintenance of internal and external parts of the work premises
The Level 2 Food Safety Course for Retail is accredited by Continuing Professional Development (CPD) and IIRSM. CPD is globally recognised by employers, professional organisations and academic intuitions, thus a certificate from CPD Certification Service creates value towards your professional goal and achievement.
Furthermore, this course is also endorsed by the Institute of Hospitality as providing independently-evaluated, high-quality content that teaches best practices.
CPD certified & Institute of Hospitality endorsed certificates are accepted by thousands of professional bodies and government regulators here in the UK and around the world. Many organisations look for employees with CPD requirements, which means, that by doing the Level 2Food Safety Course for Retail, you would be a potential candidate in your respective field.
Endorsed by Institute of Hospitality Accredited by The CPD Certification Service
There are no academic entry requirements to enrol on this Level 2 Food Hygiene and Safety Course for Retail; it is open to students and professionals of all academic backgrounds.
This Level 2 Food Safety Course for Retail assesses learners through multiple-choice questions (MCQs). Upon successful completion of each module, learners must answer MCQs to step into the next module. Through the MCQs, it is measured how much a learner could grasp from each section. In the assessment pass mark is 75%.
On completion of the Level 2 Food Safety Course for Retail, you will be eligible to download CPD and IIRSM accredited & Institute of Hospitality endorsed free electronic certificate instantly. There is a minimal shipping charge applicable to get the hardcopy course completion certificate which is:
- Shipment Inside the UK = £5.99
- International Shipment = £16.99
Why you should buy this course from Lead Academy?
We persistently make sure that you have an easy and comfortable experience. You can access the following support upon purchasing this course:
- Customer support: We have active customer support in the form of live chat that you can access and enjoy 24/7.
- Tutor support: With all of our courses, you’ll receive access to our committed and dedicated tutor support benefit whenever you require it. You can email us with your query and our wide range of experienced and expert tutors will address your concern accordingly
We Are Unbeaten By Price And Quality
- Quality worth the price: We assure you to provide the best experience in accordance with the value you are paying for the course.
- Money-back guarantee: If you are not satisfied with the quality of the course, we have a money-back guarantee option. This option is subject to a time limit of 14 days (according to the terms and conditions).
- Instalment facility: If your course costs above £50, you can also access the instalment option to pay your amount with 3 instalments.