Making Music with Others
- Course provided by Future Learn
- Study type: Online
- Starts: Anytime
- Price: Free
Understand how to make music effectively with others
This online course will help you reflect on your own music-making activities and the way you interact with other musicians.
Firstly, you’ll explore basic concepts in group music-making and the social contexts in which musicians participate.
You’ll learn about group music-making across a range of genres and the principles behind successful rehearsal preparation.
You’ll develop practical and communication skills relevant to a range of collaborative music-making contexts.
Finally, you’ll understand how to convey your own artistic identity through a range of music-making contexts.
What topics will you cover?
- Social contexts of music-making
- Principles behind successful group music-making
- Effective rehearsal preparation
- Individual and collective identity in group music-making
- Communicative practices in group music-making
- Music consumption in society
When would you like to start?
Start straight away and learn at your own pace. If the course hasn’t started yet you’ll see the future date listed below.
Who is the course for?
This course is designed for musicians who want to develop their skills in group music-making.