This free course, Managing and managing people, will introduce you to the world of management. We will be looking at a range of topics, including what managers do, what skills they require, and how you can develop as a manager.
Course learning outcomes
After studying this course, you should be able to:
- understand what is meant by management and managerial effectiveness
- identify the roles which are fulfilled while working as a manager
- identify managerial activities that contribute to managerial effectiveness
- identify a cause of stress in managerial life from a range covering mismatches between capabilites and role, player-manager tension and everyday stressors
- understand time pressures and the need for time management.