This course is designed to allow you to simulate power systems in MATLAB/Simulink. This course not only gives a review of the theory of how power systems operate, but also gives several examples on how to run different types of power system studies using MATLAB/Simulink. The course is divided into the following sections:
1. Introduction to MATLAB/Simulink for Power Systems: in the first section of the course, we will begin by reviewing the libraries available in Simulink to represent generators, transformers, transmission lines, and loads in our models. After that, we will take a look at how we can model these components in Simulink, as well as how we can put them together in a model and how we can take measurements in the model to ensure proper simulation.
2. Power System Studies in MATLAB/Simulink: after we’ve made ourselves familiar with the MATLAB/Simulink environment building a small power system model, we will move on to build a large power system model which includes several generators, transformers, transmission lines, loads, and capacitor banks. We will also model the turbine control systems and excitation control systems for all generators to simulate the realistic dynamic behavior of power systems in real life. After we have built the entire model, we will run several types of studies, including load flow, short circuit, and stability studies, to simulate the behavior of the system under several conditions. This will give us all the tools we need to build any type of power system and run any power system study using MATLAB/Simulink.
As mentioned above, in each section, we will go over several models to illustrate how we can design and simulate power systems in MATLAB/Simulink. The models are also available for download so that you can follow along, as well as use these models and modify them to create your own power system models.
By learning how to simulate power systems in MATLAB/Simulink, you will be able to further your career in electrical engineering and power engineering.
Remember that Udemy offers a 30-day money-back guarantee. I am also always available for questions while you go through the course to ensure everything is clear.
See you in the course!
- How to simulate power systems in MATLAB/Simulink
- How to model generators, transformers, transmission lines, capacitor banks, and loads in MATLAB/Simulink
- How to build power system models
- How to run power flow (load flow) studies
- How to simulate faults
- How to simulate the dynamic behavior of power systems
- How to take measurements in MATLAB/Simulink to ensure proper simulation
- Power Engineering and Electrical Engineering simulations in MATLAB/Simulink