MedTech: AI and Medical Robots
- Course provided by Future Learn
- Study type: Online
- Starts: Anytime
- Price: Free
Learn how medical robots in healthcare are designed, regulated and used
On this course, you will learn what robots are and explore human robot interaction (HRI) in healthcare. You will identify the challenges of designing robots for healthcare and look at what MedTech scientists are doing to solve them.
Using case studies, you will learn why regulations are essential for the safe use of robots and AI in healthcare, and understand the process of bringing a successful product to market.
You will also explore how artificial intelligence is used in surgical procedures, to improve precision diagnostics, in exoskeleton technology, and even for patient care.
What topics will you cover?
- Understanding the history of AI and robotics in healthcare.
- Exploring the features of human-robot interaction.
- Human centred design and challenges when designing robots for use in healthcare settings.
- Regulatory bodies and frameworks within AI and robotics.
- The pathway and process of commercialising healthcare robots.
- How robots are currently being used to assist patients.
- How robots can be used to assist clinicians.
- Exploring the future of robots in healthcare and whether it could result in a loss of human care.
When would you like to start?
Start straight away and learn at your own pace. If the course hasn’t started yet you’ll see the future date listed below.
Who is the course for?
This course is appropriate for anyone interested in MedTech and product design.
The course will be of particular interest to undergraduate students studying engineering, product design, and disciplines related to healthcare, and professionals working in the healthcare sector in a medical capacity or as MedTech designers.
If you are interested in MedTech and robotics, join this course and discover the fascinating work taking place at the University of Leeds.