MedTech: Orthopaedic Implants and Regenerative Medicine
- Course provided by Future Learn
- Study type: Online
- Starts: Anytime
- Price: Free
Explore the future of orthopaedics and developments in regenerative medicine
On this course, you will learn about the MedTech currently used in orthopaedics, and explore how the benefits of regenerative medicine will affect the future of this technology.
You will consider the design and development process of orthopaedic implants, and understand current medical regulations. You will also explore regenerative therapies and the regulatory framework that ensures the technology will benefit patients.
You will learn how stem cells are used for tissue engineering and explore how this technology allows human joint regeneration to occur before a joint needs to be replaced.
What topics will you cover?
- What are the possible medical treatments for joint degeneration?
- Which joints can be replaced and how?
- The materials used for orthopaedic joints and how we ensure they are bio-compatible.
- The production and testing process for an artificial joint replacement.
- What is regenerative medicine and how does it work?
- How are biological scaffolds produced and what materials are they made from?
- Requirements for testing biological scaffolds and regulations which need to be followed.
- The future of regenerative medicine and technology.
When would you like to start?
Start straight away and learn at your own pace. If the course hasn’t started yet you’ll see the future date listed below.
Who is the course for?
This course is appropriate for anyone interested in MedTech and product design.
The course will be of particular interest to undergraduate students studying engineering, product design, and disciplines related to healthcare, and professionals working in the healthcare sector in a medical capacity or as MedTech designers.
If you are interested in MedTech and regenerative medicine, join this course and discover the fascinating work taking place at the University of Leeds.