MedTech: Trends and Product Design
- Course provided by Future Learn
- Study type: Online
- Starts: Anytime
- Price: Free
Learn how innovative medical devices are designed, produced and regulated
Major advances in technology are driving innovation in healthcare. On this course, you will explore the global landscape of medical device trends by looking at the past, present, and future of medical technology development.
You will be introduced to the key factors driving the development of innovative medical equipment, and learn how medical devices are classified. You will also explore medical device regulation as you follow the product development process of a new medical device, from identifying the clinical need to launching the final product.
What topics will you cover?
- History of MedTech and how MedTech products have been developed.
- The forces driving innovation in the MedTech sector.
- Challenges for MedTech products to overcome.
- How do we make sure MedTech products are safe?
- Establishing a patient and clinical need for a product.
- Designing products with regulations in mind.
- Bringing a product to market.
When would you like to start?
Start straight away and learn at your own pace. If the course hasn’t started yet you’ll see the future date listed below.
Who is the course for?
This course is appropriate for anyone interested in MedTech and product design.
The course will be of particular interest to undergraduate students studying engineering, product design, and disciplines related to healthcare, and professionals working in the healthcare sector in a medical capacity or as MedTech designers.