Mental Capacity Act & Deprivation of Liberty Safeguards Course Online
- Course provided by Lead Academy
- Study type: Online
- Starts: Anytime
- Price: £24£48
According to reports, there is a pervasive lack of awareness about the Mental Capacity Act among medical professionals which constitutes a threat to patients and the professionals who care for them. All medical professionals are required to have a clear understanding of the Mental Capacity Act and Deprivation of Liberty Safeguards, which will help them in assessing the capacity of their patients more precisely and protect their welfare and freedom of choice
This extensive course is designed to help anyone working in the healthcare or social care background to acquire a concise understanding of the core competencies of the Mental Capacity Act and Deprivation of Liberty Safeguards. This course will enable you to assess the true meaning of mental capacity and deprivations of liberty and understand what you can legally do to support yourself or your patients in the event of such a deficiency.
Upon successful completion of this Mental Capacity Act Training Course, you will be able to help individuals with insufficient capacity to make their own decisions and design a versatile framework that helps people to apply for Deprivation of Liberty Safeguards authorisation.
- Accredited by the CPD Certification Service
- Designed by qualified mental health and safeguarding professionals
- Self-Paced Online Distance Learning
- High-Quality E-Learning Study Materials
- Approximate duration of about 8 Hours
Who is this Mental Capacity Act & Deprivation of Liberty Safeguards Course Online for?
This Mental Capacity Act Training Course is aimed at:
- Mental Health Professionals
- Students of psychology
- Healthcare Assistant
- Social care workers
Whether you are a medical health professional seeking to improve your career prospects or simply looking to gain in-depth knowledge of the mental capacity act and deprivation of liberty safeguards to help yourself or your loved ones, this course will set you up with the appropriate knowledge and credentials to design an effective a framework for approving the deprivation of liberty for people who lack the capacity to consent to treatment or care in either a hospital or care home setting.
Aims and Learning Outcomes of this Mental Capacity Act & Deprivation of Liberty Safeguards Course Online
By the end of this Mental Capacity Act Training Course you will:
- Define mental capacity and know what the Mental Capacity Act entails
- Gain knowledge about the 5 statutory principles of the Mental Capacity Act
- Understand how a person’s capacity is assessed based on the care and support needs
- Know how to make the “best interest” decisions
- Learn how to accurately record the decisions made regarding the assessment of mental capacity
- Define Deprivation of Liberty Safeguards and identify the key elements
- Understand how Deprivation of Liberty Safeguards affects a workplace
- Understand the process of applying for the authorisation to deprive a person of their liberty
- Create awareness to ensure individuals are being treated by respecting their liberty
The Mental Capacity Act Training Course is accredited by Continuing Professional Development (CPD). CPD is globally recognised by employers, professional organisations and academic intuitions, thus a certificate from CPD Certification Service creates value towards your professional goal and achievement.
CPD certified are accepted by thousands of professional bodies and government regulators here in the UK and around the world. Many organisations look for employees with CPD requirements, which means, that by doing the Mental Capacity Act Training Course, you would be a potential candidate in your respective field.
Accredited by The CPD Certification Service
There are no academic entry requirements to enrol into this Mental Capacity Act Training Course; it is open to students and professionals of all academic backgrounds.
This Mental Capacity Act Training Course assesses learners through multiple-choice questions (MCQs). Upon successful completion of each module, learners must answer MCQs to step into the next module. Through the MCQs, it is measured how much a learner could grasp from each section. In the assessment pass mark is 75%.
On completion of the Mental Capacity Act Training Course, you will be eligible to download CPD accredited free electronic certificate instantly. There is a minimal shipping charge applicable to get the hardcopy course completion certificate which is:
Shipment Inside the UK = £5.99
International Shipment = £16.99
Why you should enrol with Lead Academy?
We persistently make sure that you have an easy and comfortable experience. You can access the following support upon purchasing this course:
- Customer support: We have active customer support in the form of live chat that you can access and enjoy 24/7.
- Tutor support: With all of our courses, you’ll receive access to our committed and dedicated tutor support benefit whenever you require it. You can email us with your query and our wide range of experienced and expert tutors will address your concern accordingly
We Are Unbeaten By Price And Quality
- Quality worth the price: We assure you to provide the best experience in accordance with the value you are paying for the course.
- Money-back guarantee: If you are not satisfied with the quality of the course, we have a money-back guarantee option. This option is subject to a time limit of 14 days (according to the terms and conditions).
- Instalment facility: If your course costs above £50, you can also access the instalment option to pay your amount with 3 instalments.