Microsoft Excel - Building Business Applications
- Course provided by Udemy
- Study type: Online
- Starts: Anytime
- Price: See latest price on Udemy
This course will transform your ability to use Microsoft Excel as a business tool - not just as a great piece of software! It is aimed at students who have a basic knowledge of Microsoft Excel and who want to learn more advanced techniques in order to become expert in the key skills for using Excel as a business application. The course builds your skills in the use of key Excel formulas in a step-by-step manner, with practical exercises and solutions provided at each stage. On completion students will be expert in the use of IF, AND and OR to build complex business rules, will be able to Validate their data and will be able to selectively protect their application at the workbook, worksheet and cell level. They will have developed a small business application which will illustrate how to use these formulas in a practical and useful manner.
Build a strong foundation in Advanced Excel for Building Small Business Applications
Recap Excel Fundamentals
Learn how to use Business Rules Tables in Excel
Apply Conditional Functions to Business Applications
Step by Step Learning Approach
Comprehensive Exercises and solutions
Critical Skill for Business People
Excel is one of the most widely used software applications on the planet. Many people take courses in Excel but never really learn how to apply it in practice in business situations. It is true that it is a complex piece of software with many, many functions to choose from in order to build applications. The problem for many people however, is that they don't have a structured approach to the development of business applications with Excel. You don't have to be an expert in order to learn how to use a small number of key techniques which will make you proficient in making Excel work for your business. That's what this course will do for you. Learn from an experienced instructor who has delivered this material to many hundreds of university level students with great success. Learn how to apply your Excel knowledge with a practical and well defined development approach.
Content and Overview
Suitable for anyone who has a basic understanding of Excel, this course starts with a recap on the fundamentals of Excel, and in particular, on the use of Absolute Referencing. So if it has been a while since you've used Excel your memory will be refreshed on the key techniques required. then we move into the use of Conditional Logic functions such as IF, AND and OR functions, and how you can combine them to construct complex statements which allow you to implement complicated business rules. Next we look at how you can construct Business Rules Tables which describe the rules which apply to a business. These are then combined with the complex conditional logic formulas to build flexible and powerful small business applications. Throughout the course we use a sample application to illustrate all of the techniques involved. By the end of the course you will be confident in your ability to be an effective user of Excel for small business application development. The course includes a comprehensive series of exercises and solutions.
- Develop a small business application which utilises Key Excel business functions
- Develop complex formulas in Microsoft Excel using IF, Nested IF, AND and OR statements and combinations of these functions in the development of a small business application
- Understand and be able to create Rules Tables to manage business rules in Microsoft Excel applications
- Link data spreadsheets among multiple spreadsheets in order to develop user friendly interfaces
- Know how to use validation techniques in their developed applications in order to ensure the integrity of their data
- Understand the importance of, and be capable of, properly testing developed formulas
- Know how to selectively protect their Excel applications at workbook, worksheet and cell levels so as to ensure that users cannot accidentally erase or modify important information in applications