Microsoft Excel Introduction - Step by Step for Beginners
- Course provided by Udemy
- Study type: Online
- Starts: Anytime
- Price: See latest price on Udemy
Are you looking to build your skills in using Microsoft Excel?
This course gives you a deep understanding of how to use some of the most popular functions in Excel. We will build you from a base skill level and assume you have no prior knowledge in using Microsoft Excel or its functions.
In this course we will cover Excel Basics, Formatting and Manipulation, Creating Formulas and Cell Referencing, Automatic Functions, Creating and Formatting Charts, Managing and Linking Worksheets, Using AutoFill, Freeze Panes and Printing. Most lectures are 7 - 14 minutes long, with no lecture being over 20 minutes in length. Your trainer for this course, Richard Walters, is a Microsoft Certified Trainer who has been training Microsoft Excel for the past 9 years throughout the UK.
Microsoft Excel - The Beginners Introduction To Excel Outline
The Excel Environment
Select and Highlighting Cells
Modifying Information - Wrap Text and Merging Cells
Inserting/Deleting Columns and Rows
Save, Save As and Open
Find Opening and Closing Excel
Creating and Copying Formulas
Using BODMAS in Formulas
Absolute Cell Referencing
Using Functions - SUM, IF, COUNT, AVERAGE
Difference between Excel manual and automated calculations
Creating and Formatting Charts
Inserting, Moving and Deleting Worksheets
Linking formulas between Worksheets
Print Area and Print Preview
Whether you're looking for a quick overview on the the basics of Columns and Rows, or hoping to step up your charting game in a major way, you've come to the right place. In today's increasingly data-driven world, Excel makes it easy and intuitive to view and analyse data. Enrol today and start your journey to becoming a Excel master!
See you there!
-Richard Walters (Microsoft Excel Trainer)
Richard is a professional trainer with more than a decade of experience as an IT and business skills trainer, with a very advanced understanding of all Microsoft Office packages, particularly Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Visio and Project.
- The basics of Excel (i.e. selecting and highlighting cells, copy and paste, etc).
- Formatting and manipulation (i.e. inserting columns and rows, merging cells, etc).
- Creating basic formulas and using the BODMAS rule for formulas.
- Using Excel functions (automated - i.e. SUM, AVERAGE, MAX, MIN)
- Using the AutoSum feature
- Automated functions and manual formulas
- Creating and formatting charts
- Managing and linking worksheets
- Using the Autofil feature
- Printing and printing features (i.e. print area, print preview, print setup)
- Freeze panes and printing with freeze panes