Microsoft Project Fundamental Skills
- Course provided by Udemy
- Study type: Online
- Starts: Anytime
- Price: See latest price on Udemy
Are you looking to build your skills in using Microsoft Project?
Microsoft Project is fast becoming the must have project management tool of choice. This course is designed to teach you the necessary skills every Microsoft Project user should be familiar with. Even if you have never used Microsoft Project before, by taking our series of Microsoft Project courses (also available on Udemy), you will be confident in using this software application throughout your day-to-day duties.
In this course we will cover Task Management, Constraints, Resources, Calendar Management, Managing A Project and Print Settings. Most lectures are 7 - 14 minutes long, with no lecture being over 20 minutes in length. Your trainer for this course, Richard Walters, is a Microsoft Certified Trainer who has been training Microsoft Project for the past 9 years throughout the UK.
"Teach one, learn one, do one method executed brilliantly throughout."
"Good paced course. Thorough. Went through all steps to make sure all understood."
Microsoft Project Fundamental Skills Outline
- Creating and Controlling Automated and Manual Scheduled Tasks
- Linking Tasks
- Modifying Links to Business Requirements
- Managing Constraints
- Managing Resources and Resource Costs
- Managing Resource Calendars
- Managing and Updating the Standard Calendar
- Displaying and Analyzing the Critical Path
- Assigning Task Percentage Completion
- Displaying and Interpreting a Project Baseline
- Displaying Progress Lines Against Project Percentage Completion
- Printing Setup and Printing Notes
- Set and control automated and manually scheduled tasks.
- Link tasks for automated and manual tasks for business needs.
- Modify links to real world and business need requirements.
- Set and modify constraints within Microsoft Project.
- Manage resources using Microsoft Project (including allocation of resources and resource cost control).
- Manage and assign resource calendars using Microsoft Project.
- Display the critical path and be aware of the importance of the critical path to Microsoft Project.
- Display slack time within Microsoft Project.
- Baseline a project using Microsoft Project and interpret any variances from the project baseline.
- Display and interpret progress lines using Microsoft Project, to show percentage completion within tasks.
- Print in Microsoft Project and add notes to Microsoft Project printouts.