One of the only comprehensive, detailed and approachable online courses taking you from the mathematical modelling of engineering systems to MATLAB/SIMULINK implementation and PID control design.
ON TOP OF THAT WE MAKE IT ALL HAPPEN ON A TESLA MODEL S P85!
Today, control systems are everywhere: in cars, military aircrafts, interplanetary rockets, computers, fridges, washing machines, etc. As technology advances, control engineering allows us to design systems which make the most complicated machines do exactly what we want them to do with outstanding accuracy and reliabilty.
This course gives you the opportunity to learn and do the following:
– Understand and harness the Physics behind a Tesla Model S or any other electric car.
– Establish the mathematical model of an electric DC motor.
– Derive the mathematical model behind the dynamics of a car.
– Implement an engineering model in SIMULINK using blocks, transfer functions, MATLAB functions, etc.
– Test and fit your model to relevant real life performance.
– Implement, test and tune a PID controller adapted to your requirements in order to control the output of your system, in this case the speed of your Model S (cruise control).
I will thoroughly detail and walk you through each of these concepts and techniques and explain down to their fundamental principles, all concepts and subject-specific vocabulary. This course is the ideal beginner, intermediate or advanced learning platform for the mathematics behind engineering systems, the use of MATLAB and SIMULINK in engineering design and PID control. Whatever your background, whether you are a student, an engineer, a sci-fi addict, an amateur roboticist, a drone builder, a computer scientist or a business or sports person, you will master the physics behind an electric car and learn how to implement and control them in SIMULINK by designing a powerful PID controller that fits your requirements!
If you have questions at any point of your progress along the course, do not hesitate to contact me, it will be my pleasure to answer you within 24 hours!
If this sounds like it might interest you, for your personal growth, career or academic endeavours, I strongly encourage you to join! You won’t regret it!
- Understand the manufacturing and physics behind a Model S battery.
- Derive the mathematical equations behind an electric DC motor.
- Understand and harness the Physics behind a moving car.
- Derive the mathematical equations that govern the movements of a car.
- Implement Transfer Functions into Simulink.
- Implement Mathematical equations in Simulink through Matlab functions.
- Use and understand common Simulink blocks such as sums, constants, integrators, etc.
- Create an Open loop engineering Model in Simulink and test its performance using sink blocks.
- Implement a Closed Loop PID Controller in Simulink and learn how to tune it with respect to a desired performance.