MS Excel - From 0 to Working Professional in 1 hour
- Course provided by Udemy
- Study type: Online
- Starts: Anytime
- Price: See latest price on Udemy
This course covers Excel basics in the way that's very short and concise. You may use Excel before but this course shows you a better way of using these functions in real work environment. If you are going back to workforce, or looking for jobs, this is the fastest way to refresh your skill or Jump Start your skills. Within 1 hour, you can use Excel the way a working professional would use.
This course IS NOT for everyone because of 2 things
1. Excel is powerful. Microsoft tries to make Excel as relevant to anyone as possible. However, each occupation use Excel differently. I've no idea how scientists or engineers use Excel. But I know how working professionals, especially analysts use Excel. I've worked as Business Analyst, Market Analyst, and till this day a full time Financial Analyst. Excel changed my life, I get hired, get promoted because that. I hope more people can do the same and better.
2. The pace of the course is super fast. If you like things go slowly, this is NOT for you. This course covers basic Excel. Most of the things in this course should be learnt by doing. Therefore I have enclosed a downloadable workbook. You can see me demonstrating on the left side of the sheet, while you would be practicing on the right.
Who this course is for:
- People who are looking for jobs
- Refresh Excel skills
- People who are tired of watching long Youtube tutorial videos
- This course is NOT comprehensive training, it's a quick start guide
- This is NOT for people who want to learn VBA or coding
- 01:38Watch this before you start
- 00:06How to download course file
- 00:14How to learn more
- 03:20Excel Road Map and What's covered
- 01:57Get Start with Excel
- 01:02Simple Calculation
- 01:53Relative and Absolute Reference
- 03:013X your productivity using 3 shortcuts + 1 useful tip
- 04:15Basic Excel Formulas
- 02:06When to use which function and how to learn
- 01:43Check in with you
- 04:21Basic Formatting-From Basic to Best Sequence
- 01:51Group & Freeze Panes - From Basic to Fancy way to use it
- 01:50Format as Table Basic and Why Use it
- 01:47Filter in table and in range, Pros&Cons
- 03:35Conditional Formatting - From Basic to Fancy
- 01:08Format Painter- the Right Way
- 02:19Comment- Best Practice
- 02:10Data Validation - Creative Way for Data Entry
- 01:15Closing Remark
- 00:09Coupons are here
Jason has worked as a financial analyst, business analyst, and research analyst from start-up to fortune 500 companies. He holds a Master Degree in Finance from the Johns Hopkins University. He passed CFA level 3 exam.
Jason dedicates his time to help analysts get promoted, get better job and better life, starting from having outstanding Excel skills.
Excel is a powerful tool. It's like golf. You can learn it within several hours, but improve it for the rest of your life. There are tons of free materials out there. But you need structured lectures to build a good mindset in order to reach your goal, which is getting the job done beautifully. So that you can ask for raise, for promotion, even your dream job.