Pass Your Driving Test – Theory and Practical Preparation Certificate
- Course provided by New Skills Academy
- Study type: Online
- Starts: Anytime
- Price: £24.80£80
69% discount for Rest Less membersBook online now
Pass Your Driving Test - Theory and Practical Preparation CertificateThe UK Driving Test Theory course contains everything you need to know in order to prepare for, and pass, the UK Driving Theory Test. Passing this two-part test is essential if you are looking to obtain a driving licence, but the success rate is only around fifty per cent. Therefore, you need to make sure you are familiar with the syllabus and feel confident in tackling both parts of the test. There is no limit to the number of times you can sit the test, but passing it first time will save you money, time and stress. This course addresses not only the key content of the theory test syllabus, but also gives you the skills you need in order to retain the material, link it to your practical driving experience and control your nerves before the test. In addition, you will also gain a head start on preparing for your practical test. The course will allow you to become a safe, confident driver who is equipped to handle a range of situations on the road. The majority of the information in this course also applies to motorcyclists.
What You Will Learn
- An overview of the purpose and structure of the test, the books upon which the syllabus is based and practical information on how to book and take the test.
- The rules of the road as they apply to pedestrians and users of high-powered mobility scooters, and why you need to learn this information in advance of your test.
- General rules that all drivers and riders need to follow when using the road, including advice on how to drive safely on different types of road.
- Assessing your fitness to drive, including guidance on driving with a medical condition and how alcohol affects your ability to drive safely. You will also learn how age affects driving competence, and when you will need to renew your licence.
- How to drive safely in a range of adverse weather conditions and how to accommodate road users that require extra care and consideration such as the elderly, cyclists and those with disabilities.
- The importance of knowing what traffic signs mean and how to decipher common road markings.
- How to execute common manoeuvres, including turns and reversing, and how to deal with junctions.
- Why you need to be familiar with the basics of vehicle maintenance, the checks you need to make and the importance of getting your car serviced.
- How to revise for the theory test so that you can enter the exam room feeling calm, prepared and ready to succeed.
- An overview of the practical driving test – what examiners look for, the structure of the test and how it is graded.
Benefits of taking this course:
- You can learn the material any place, any time and at your own speed.
- All you need is an internet-enabled device.
- Content is presented as brief modules, making learning easy.
- Access to an online support system.
- A complete overview of the UK Driving Theory Test.
- Affordable cost.