Join world-renowned poi teacher, Nick Woolsey, to take your poi spinning skills to a new level!
Each section of this course includes 12-18 videos. The lessons will progress through a proven system of exercises, with the goal of enjoying complete freedom of movement and expression with poi. Nick will also post review and homework notes to help you stay organized focussed.
Although most students spend one or two weeks on each section, you are welcome to go at your own pace. Your membership will last for years!
The course curriculum will include, but will not be limited to:
- Group warmups and games for those who are playing with friends (recommended!)
- Strength and conditioning for poi
- The fundamentals and variations of poi-fu (arm and body movement for poi and flow arts, left/right coordination games, etc.)
- Footwork: Moving across the floor, the pirouette progression, the whirling progression, footwork with partners and groups, and more
- Flowers and CAPs
- Rhythm and timing
- Poi with your feet!
- The Horizontal Poi Progression
- Variations of Spiral Wraps
- To many “moves" to mention (this will often be pointers to existing “move" videos)!
- Nudity! Probably… well, maybe….
- Oh so much more!
- Build a strong foundation in the essential skills of advanced poi dancing