Improve your teaching practice and learn to manage your workload
The early stages of a career in teaching can be daunting. You’re regularly faced with new responsibilities and challenges. On this course you will get advice and support on improving your teaching skills as well as juggling your workload so you’re able to handle these challenges.
Through the course you will reflect on and identify your professional development needs. You will explore: behaviour management strategies, pedagogical approaches to teaching and learning, ways to prioritise your workload and more.
What topics will you cover?
- Reflective practice and how this can be used to review and develop teaching and learning.
- Strategies for managing workload.
- Approaches to effective behaviour management in order to promote behaviours for learning.
- The use of assessment for learning (AFL) strategies to effectively assess the progress and learning needs of children.
- Approaches for providing appropriate challenge and differentiation.
When would you like to start?
Start straight away and learn at your own pace. If the course hasn’t started yet you’ll see the future date listed below.
Who is the course for?
This course is primarily for teachers starting out in their careers, but will be of use to teachers at any stage of their career.
Who developed the course?
UEA (University of East Anglia)
The University of East Anglia is an internationally renowned university providing top quality academic, social and cultural facilities to over 15,000 students from over 100 countries around the globe.