Public Speaking: How to Write a Speech that Inspires
- Course provided by Udemy
- Study type: Online
- Starts: Anytime
- Price: See latest price on Udemy
FACT: Most of the speeches we watch in our lifetime will be boring. Unsurprising really, given that speech writing isn't something that many of us get taught.
Yet communication is a learned skill, no-one is born eloquent; and there comes a time where we all have to stand in front of an audience and be interesting for a few minutes - the thought of which fills many with sleepless nights, panic and sweaty palms.
Interestingly enough, the two most common causes of pre-speech anxiety and stage fright are not knowing a) what you're going to say b) whether what you've got to say is any good.
Both of which are down to WHAT what you're saying, not how you're saying it.
As a speaker coach and Founder of TEDxClapham, I have spent the last few years helping people articulate their ideas on some of the most famous stages in the world. Their speeches have gone on to start movements, lobby governments, raise finance and have been seen by millions of people across the world.
What I've learned is that being interesting is a choice, not something that is limited to those with the gift of the gab.
And that's what this course is all about; capturing imaginations, storytelling and take audiences on journeys that they will never forget.
Believe it or not, speech writing doesn't have to be a chore, and for those of you in a rush, by the end of this course, you'll be equipped with all the tools you need to write great speeches quickly.
Who this course is for:
- This course is for anyone that has got to give a speech or presentation. From students to entrepreneurs, authors, coaches and academics.
- 04:39Understand the Speaker's Paradox
- 03:11Understand Your Audience
- 07:30Choose your Expertise Using the Three Pillars of Persuasion
- 01:39Articulate Your Idea with Clarity
- 06:12Top and Tail: How to Open and Close a Speech in Style
- 08:12Take your Audience on a Journey of Discovery
- 11:04STIQ: The Speech Writer's Toolkit
- 02:13Strengthen the Narrative
- 06:225 Advanced Speech Writing Tools That Deepen the Impact
- 08:06Create an Incredible Audience Experience
- 03:35What You Say Matters; Choose Your Words Carefully
- 02:12Critique, Refine, Repeat
- 04:52Build Your Content Palette
- 47:08Live Workshop Recording: How to Become an Effective Storyteller at Work
Alex is a speaker coach and Founder of TEDxClapham and specialises in helping people land, write and deliver speeches that affect global change. As a result, his talks have lobbied governments, raised finance and been seen by millions of people online. His clients have included globally recognised business leaders, best-selling authors, philanthropists, members of the special forces and a former world champion boxer. Now, he is opening the doors to you...