R and RStudio for Beginners - A Quick Introduction.
- Course provided by Udemy
- Study type: Online
- Starts: Anytime
- Price: See latest price on Udemy
In under an hour we will cover the fundamentals of R programming. The first part of the video will be about understanding WHY we do things in R and then in the second part I will show you HOW to do things in R. We will cover the following topics:
Installing R & RStudio
Installing and Loading Packages
Tour of RStudio
Basic Maths Calculations in R
Importing and Exporting Data in R
Data Structures: Data Frames and Vectors
Graphs and Data Visualisation
Create your own Function in R
This course is designed for someone who is new to programming and each video is relatively straightforward. The last video is a bit more challenging as we cover loops within loops. But by the end of this course you will be comfortable with the basics of R and be ready to learn more advanced topics.
If you are one of my Actuarial Students, this course is compulsory.
Who this course is for:
- Professionals who are new to R and RStudio
- 03:23Installing R and RStudio
- 03:25Installing and Loading Packages in R
- 05:26Familiarising ourselves with RStudio
- 03:02Basic Maths Calculations in R
- 06:13Importing and Exporting Data in R
- 05:35Data Structures: Data Frames and Vectors in R
- 07:57Graphs and Data Visualisation in R
- 15:38Creating your own Functions in R
- 08:25R for Actuaries Review
Hi I'm MJ the Fellow Actuary. I've been making educational videos since 2013 on YouTube. I've passed all the actuarial exams and am here to help you do the same. I've majored in Mathematical Statistics and have published research in the South African Journal of Science on Artificial Intelligence. I've also done a Ted Talk on advanced studying methods. As your instructor my purpose is to make sure you understand every concept in these courses. If you get stuck with anything, send me a message, I'm here to help.