This course is a complete view into building production ready applications using React and Reactive Extensions!
This series is a project-based look at using all of the technologies that are becoming commonplace in the web development world. We use Gulp, WebPack, Babel, SASS, and Jasmine to put together a real-world asset pipeline that will support the development and deployment of our application.
This course has four main sections:
- React Primer: we start with an introduction to React terminology and syntax by putting together a few simple applications.
- Asset Pipeline: next, we begin our main project in this course by wiring together Gulp, WebPack, Babel and SASS in order to create an asset pipeline that is necessary to support a React application.
- Project Client: the “meat” of this course; in this section we build all of our client-side code, and use RXJS and React to establish the architecture that will support our project.
- Project Server: the final main section will focus on the creation of a socket-io server that will provide all of the server-side logic of our application.
Finally, at the end of this course, we will deploy our application to a free Heroku hosting account!
The goal of this course is simple: to be a start to finish, end to end, complete look at how we can architect an application properly using modern patterns and techniques while taking advantage of the React library!
- Understand the core concepts of React.js, and learn how to apply them to REAL web applications or games
- Truly understand the benefits of a uni-directional, reactive, event based architecture and the related patterns
- Build a production-quality build pipeline for our client, server, and test code with WebPack, Babel, Jasmine, and Gulp