Realistic Pastel Drawing for Beginners
- Course provided by Udemy
- Study type: Online
- Starts: Anytime
- Price: See latest price on Udemy
This course teaches a nice balance of the mechanics involved with making a beautiful still life drawing in pastel, but also having an interpretive, artistic mindset while doing it. It discusses what to focus on, embrace and likewise, abandon as you’re drawing. We will explore how to find the “art” in art-making, how to understand and effectively utilize some basic techniques, but be guided by the spirit of your subject. It is meant for the complete novice equipped with basic art materials. It is also meant to be a concise, efficient class that offers lots of great information in a small amount of time.
You will be carefully supported and guided through the entire process, from discussing which materials you will need, onto accurate measuring in order to replicate the image realistically. From there we will walk through how to add value including shading. When we are finished, you will walk away with a new set of skills you can use to create more beautiful drawings.
- You will come away from this class with your own beautiful interpretation of this image rendered in chalk pastel
- You will also acquire the skills it takes to render this image including how to draw a simple, realistic object
- How to mix colors in pastel
- How to control the medium (i.e. create sharp edges or blended ones)
- how to replicate fabric texture and the shiny surface of a classical still life object, a piece of fruit
- How to create believable shadows and highlights on those surfaces