Sage 50 Accounts Intermediate Diploma
- Course provided by New Skills Academy
- Study type: Online
- Starts: Anytime
- Price: £24.80£80
69% discount for Rest Less membersBook online now
Sage 50 Accounts Intermediate DiplomaSuccessful business management involves a range of complex tasks and functions that help streamline processes. The tasks, features and tools explained in Sage 50 Intermediate course can be expected to be slightly more complex and intricate compared to the simpler ones in the beginners course. For improved clarity with regard to a keyword or concept, it may be a good idea to refer back to the beginners course. Every concept will be introduced and explained before moving on to exploring the related features in Sage 50 Accounts. Businesses often have to deal with hundreds of transactions performed during a month. For example, transactions may occur but cash need not have been received or paid out yet. Such transactions are called accruals and they are extremely necessary because they give a clear indication of a business’s financial health. The Sage 50 intermediate course will explain how users can leverage the features provided in Sage 50 accounts to calculate accruals. In addition, you will learn about how to prepare and process purchase orders from product records. Purchase orders represent contracts between buyers and sellers and contain all the details regarding the purchase. Well-maintained information regarding purchase orders helps keep the inventory system up to date and streamline the purchasing process. Once you have completed the intermediate course, you will be familiar with a comprehensive range of useful accounting functionalities provided by Sage 50 Accounts.
What You Will Learn
- How to set up a fixed asset record in Sage 50
- Three methods of calculating depreciation
- How to use the Asset Disposal Wizard and record sale of an asset
- What to do if depreciation has been missed for a month
- How to manage cheque and remittance
- Setting up purchase order defaults
- How to set up and calculate discounts on invoices and purchase orders
- How to record the delivery of stock and update cost prices
- Creating product defaults and understanding stock transactions
- How to correct an incorrectly entered AI, using the exact method and the average cost price method
- How to incorporate stock adjustments using the FIFO or First-in-First-out rule
- How to use the ‘Check bill of material’ (BOM) feature to track stock availability
- How to create price lists
- How to apply special prices, print and delete price lists
- How to set up manual discounts on sales orders and invoices
- How to create service invoices and enter details for item lines
Benefits of the Sage 50 Intermediate Diploma
- In-depth study and knowledge of different tools and features of the Sage 50 accounting software can help candidates add value to their team.
- Similarly, Sage 50 software is also ideal for those who own their own businesses and wish to become self-sufficient in managing their own accounting and invoicing and so on. Expertise in Sage 50 accounting software helps reduce reliance on external accountants.
- In addition, Sage 50 accounting software is recommended for those who wish to make a seamless transition from manual payroll processing to a computerised system. By opting to educate and update one’s skills in Sage 50, candidates can prove their ability to potential employers. The Sage 50 online course is suitable for individuals, business entrepreneurs and aspiring students who wish to learn the basics of computerised accounting and invoicing.
- A detailed working knowledge of Sage 50 can help aspirants gain confidence and help them provide a high standard of accounting services to companies.
- Candidates from all backgrounds and fields are free to learn the Sage 50 accounting course; it does not require any prerequisite academic qualifications. The only prerequisite condition is a basic working knowledge of numeracy, literacy and IT skills.