SAP LSMW Training - in Plain English
- Course provided by Udemy
- Study type: Online
- Starts: Anytime
- Price: See latest price on Udemy
** Disclaimer ** -
- I do NOT do Live Training. SAP is a registered trademark of SAP AG in Germany and many other countries. I am NOT associated with SAP.
- SAP software and SAP GUI are proprietary SAP software. Neither Udemy nor me are authorized to provide SAP Access. You can officially get SAP Access to practice on SAP system from SAP's website. I am not allowed by Udemy to place a link here. Please google "SAP Access" and you can find the URL for the same.
Imagine you are an SAP Functional Consultant and your project's realization phase is done. Now you need to migrate 100,000 Customer records from your legacy system ( say Salesforce ) to SAP. How would you do it ? LSMW is the gold standard tool used by SAP functional consultants to migrate mass amounts of data into SAP. LSMW stands for Legacy System Migration Workbench . The name definitely sounds complicated, but believe me - I am going to make it look so simple that you will have fun doing it !! Ciao in the course..
Who this course is for:
- SAP Functional Consultants
- 02:34What you will learn ?
- 05:42How I first learnt about LSMW
- 16:04What is LSMW ?
- 14:37LSMW Process Overview
- 05:34Business Scenario Setup
- 08:29Project and Sub-Project Setup
- 04:55Simplify the 14 Steps
- 16:19Import Method and Source Strucures
- 09:11Source Fields, mappings and Transformations
- 17:12File Preparation, upload and batch processes
- 08:28Recap of what we learnt about Data Migration and LSMW
- 00:06Material Master Upload
I am an SAP SD/MM functional consultant with roughly 12 years of experience in SAP. Teaching has been my passion since a long time and I have been teaching SAP since 2009. I have worked on countless projects in SAP in the US and the rest of the world. I have worked with major companies in the US like Apple, Wal-mart, Adidas, Adobe, Johnson & Johnson etc.
All along, I have worked with numerous SAP consultants with skills that range from absolute rookie to SAP platinum consultants. And the one thing that I found lacking in many beginner level consultants is a lack of proper training. They were just 1 step away from being a good quality SAP consultant. This gap can be easily be filled with high quality training.
SAP, just like any other packaged software can best be learned by example. This has been the focus of all my trainings - Examples and correlating them to real-time scenarios. Once you learn how to co-relate a particular piece of configuration with a real time example, you can become as good as an experienced consultant.