Sci-Fi 3D Game Environment Design Modeling & Texturing
- Course provided by Udemy
- Study type: Online
- Starts: Anytime
- Price: See latest price on Udemy
Manuel Rondon is currently working as a freelance 3D artist and college instructor. He loves both jobs because they allow him to work on what he is passionate about while still having some creative freedom. His advice for students who are just starting out and want to make it in the industry is to be knowledgeable and be open to different areas of 3D art as this can give you more opportunities for jobs. As you gain more experience, you can then specialize in characters, textures, or animations but in the beginning, it's best to wear as many hats as possible.
In this course, you will learn how to build a professional sci-fi environment from scratch using 3ds Max, Substance, Photoshop and Unity. You will be taken through the whole workflow from the initial modeling to the final built and render within Unity. As a freelancer, being efficient is a very valuable asset. In this course, you will learn how to save lots of time when building an complete detailed environment. Making an environment for games is an exciting task and hope you join this journey of taking a small 2d concept to the final 3d game-ready level.
- Create a 3D environment suitable for games
- Learn High Definition Rendering Pipeline in Unity
- Bake clean maps and create Trim Sheets
- Gain understanding on how to create realistic lighting to set the mood
- Create UV layouts correctly and efficiently
- Learn how to apply dirt and grime using Substance