This course will teach you how to model an eagle in clay in easy steps, from beginning to end.
Learn and master sculpting a realistic bird of prey, with this easy to follow method. You will watch short videos that show and explain each step in the process.
– Understand the tools and supplies needed to get started in clay modeling.
– Make study pencil sketches of your subject.
– Quickly build a rough sketch in clay.
– Create a base where the clay model will stand.
– Shape your eagle so it looks like an eagle!
– Make each detail of the clay eagle, such as eyes, beak and claws.
– Give realistic textures to each surface, like the feathers, skin and rock.
Enjoy your modeling endeavor.
This is a simple and workable approach to modeling an eagle that comes from many years of experience by an artist who was also a falconer!
You don’t need any prior experience to start this course, and it can me successfully taken by beginners. However, this course can also be taken by advanced students or by professional sculptors who want to learn how to model an eagle. You will need some basic modeling tools and clay, as described in the first section of the course.
- Understand the tools and supplies needed to get started in clay modeling
- Sketch an eagle on paper
- Create a base where the clay model will stand
- Model each detail of the clay eagle
- Refine clay models