Sharps Injuries Awareness Certificate
- Course provided by New Skills Academy
- Study type: Online
- Starts: Anytime
- Price: £31 £100
69% discount for Rest Less membersBook online now
Sharps Injuries Awareness CertificateEvery year, over 100,000 people sustain sharps injuries at work. The majority of these individuals work in health and social care settings, but employees in other fields are also at risk. Sharps injuries can have long-lasting physical and psychological effects, so it is important to eliminate or reduce the likelihood of injury wherever possible. In this course, you will learn how health and safety legislation should be implemented when working with sharps, how to create a safer work environment that reduces the risk of injury and how to respond to a sharps injury.
What You Will Learn
- What sharps injuries are, why they are dangerous, who is at risk and key pieces of health and safety legislation relevant to their prevention and management.
- How the Health and Safety (Sharp Instruments in Healthcare) Regulations 2013 protect workers from sharps injuries.
- How, why and when training employees in the safe use of sharps can reduce their risk of injury.
- What to do in the event of a sharps injury and what information employers need to record following an incident.
Benefits of Taking This Course
- If you are an employer or supervisor in a setting where sharps are used, this course will help you meet your obligations under health and safety law.
- Anyone who works with sharps will benefit from the information on safe working given in this course.
- Anyone responsible for first aid at work will benefit from understanding how sharps injuries occur and how they should be treated.
- Anyone responsible for conducting risk assessments in the workplace will benefit from understanding the risks posed by sharps and how they can be reduced.