Software Performance Testing and Engineering
- Course provided by Udemy
- Study type: Online
- Starts: Anytime
- Price: See latest price on Udemy
The main objective of this course is to help people do the Performance testing in a more effective way. There are many courses in the market which teaches how to use Performance Testing tools like Loadrunner, Jmeter, Neoload etc but there is no course which teaches how to do Performance Testing the right way which encouraged me to make this course.
Creating a load test scripts using load testing tools like Loadunner or Jmeter is just one duty as a Performance Engineer. But to become a good Performance Engineer who can bring more value on to the table, there are lot of things a Performance Engineer should know and do.
The focus of this course will be more on Performance Testing (PT) and Performance Engineering (PE) Concepts & Best practices. This course will not be focusing on any specific PT tool or Application Monitoring Tool (APM), but rather, will be covering core PT and PE concepts. Once you master these core concepts, you will be able to apply these concepts in your projects using the Performance Testing tools of your choice.
We will be using JMeter to learn fundamental PT concepts like correlation, assertions etc. Whether you want to automate PT by integrating PT into the CICD pipeline or you want to build your own PT framework, knowledge of these core PT concepts is very important in order to build effective PT automation frameworks.
I have also added mini project where you can see Performance Tests in action. You can see scalability tests and auto scaling tests in action.
As of Dec 2020, I have added below lectures
Introduction to Performance Testing (PT)
Scope of Performance Testing & Performance Engineering
Importance of Performance Testing
Software Testing Types
Performance Testing Definitions
Virtual Users, Response Time, 90th & 95th Percentiles, Throughput, Peak Load
Concurrent Users, Bottleneck, Correlation, Parameterization, Assertion, Think Time, Pacing
Importance of Performance Engineering in SDLC
Lectures on Performance Testing Life Cycle Phases - Test Planning, Test Preparation, Test Design, Test Executions & Analysis, Test Closure
Microservices / REST API Scripting using Jmeter 5.3 ( More than 60 Minutes of content)
Performance Testing of Microservices hosted on AWS ECS - With A Mini Project (You will also learn how to create AWS ECS Cluster, How to configure and test auto scaling alarms for AWS Elastic Container Service)
Performance Testing of AWS Lambda (Serverless) / AWS Kinesis
- Software Performance Testing and Engineering concepts and best practices
- Different phases in Performance Testing Life Cycle (PTLC) and best practices to be followed during each phase
- REST API Scripting using JMeter
- Performance Testing of Microservices hosted on AWS "Elastic Container Service" ECS - With mini Project
- How to create AWS ECS Cluster to host Microservices.
- How to configure and test auto scaling alarms for AWS Elastic Container Service
- AWS Lambda (Serverless) Performance Testing with case studies based on real performance testing projects.
- You will also get access to Performance Test Plan & Test Summary Report Templates
- You will learn how to design Performance Tests and also will get access to sample Jmeter scripts.