Speeding on Site Awareness Certificate
- Course provided by New Skills Academy
- Study type: Online
- Starts: Anytime
- Price: £31 £100
69% discount for Rest Less membersBook online now
Speeding on Site Awareness CertificateSpeeding needs to be carefully managed on both public highways and in the workplace. Every year, several people die on UK construction sites in vehicle-related accidents and dozens more are injured. Controlling vehicle speed and movement should be a key priority for anyone responsible for the health and safety of those on site. This course will outline the steps you must take when structuring a site, alerting people to hazards and encouraging workers and visitors to drive at a safe speed.
You Will Learn
- The importance of controlling the speed of vehicles on a work site and what employers and workers must do to comply with relevant health and safety law.
- How and when speed limits are useful in controlling speed, how to choose an appropriate speed limit and how to keep pedestrians away from traffic.
- How to use traffic calming measures to reduce the speed at which traffic moves around a site.
- How to draw up and implement a safe driving policy and how training can reduce or eliminate speed-related incidents at work.
Benefits of Taking This Course
- If you are responsible for managing safety risks in your workplace, this course will help you consider and manage risks posed by speeding vehicles.
- If you work on a site with vehicles, this course will alert you to potential risks caused by speeding and how to mitigate them.
- If you are an employer, this course will help you meet your obligations under the law with regards to traffic management on site.
- If you are responsible for training people who work in dangerous environments, this course will help you ensure that you cover important information workers need to know.