Step Ladder Safety Awareness Certificate
- Course provided by New Skills Academy
- Study type: Online
- Starts: Anytime
- Price: £31£100
69% discount for Rest Less membersBook online now
Stepladder Safety Course DescriptionWorkplace accidents can have serious consequences for both the casualty and their organisation. It is important that both employees and their employers understand the risks associated with working from height and that they know how to use equipment in a safe, appropriate manner. An individual can sustain an injury falling just a couple of metres. They can also suffer a back injury if they fail to take precautions when moving and positioning equipment. Stepladders are used frequently in the workplace, so it is essential that employees know when and how to use them. This course will provide you with a comprehensive overview of the risks associated with stepladders, how to put in place effective precautionary measures and how to ensure that equipment is fit for purpose. Not all accidents are preventable, but when everyone knows how to work safely, the majority of incidents can be avoided.
You Will Learn:
- Why you need to take the risk of accidents and injury seriously and why the proper use of stepladders should be of concern to all employees and employers.
- How to assess whether a stepladder is the most appropriate form of equipment for a task and the factors you must take into consideration when conducting a risk assessment.
- How to check that a stepladder is fit for purpose, how to spot the signs that indicate it should be withdrawn from use and how to ensure that a faulty piece of equipment is not used by mistake.
- What you need to remember when working with a stepladder, including how to position your body and work effectively with tools whilst carrying out a task.
- How to move and store a stepladder safely and securely, taking into account its material, intended purpose and points of structural vulnerability.
Benefits Of Taking This Course:
- You will be able to use a stepladder confidently and safely, both at home and in the workplace.
- You will be able to offer guidance to others who are inexperienced in stepladder use.
- You will have a greater understanding of health and safety concerns at work, which is especially beneficial if you are in a management or HR role.
- You will be in a position to advise your organisation regarding stepladder and work at height policies, which may make an appreciable difference to the number of accidents recorded at your place of work.