Strengthening Loving Relationships
- Course provided by Udemy
- Study type: Online
- Starts: Anytime
- Price: See latest price on Udemy
This course, Strengthening Loving Relationships, is ideal for individuals who are interested in interpersonal relationships, successful communication and family dynamics. It is intended for all ages and backgrounds, and especially for those who want to enhance their relationship with their spouse/partner, children, parents, family, friends and co-workers. Its content will enhance personal and professional/business relationships because of its strong focus on communication skills. It also has the potential to improve workplace morale and productivity.
The course is essential to your personal relationships and your lifestyle because many people tend to subconsciously sabotage relationships and sometimes engage in dysfunctional patterns. Often, this behavior is based on a lack of the necessary skills to realize that learning "how to relate and/or love" is a life-long process. This course will help you become aware of the 7 SKILLS in developing loving relationships throughout your life. Each skill-set is presented in individual lectures, PowerPoint videos and personal assessment hand-outs.
- REFLECTIVE LISTENING
- EMOTIONAL INTIMACY
- EXPECTATIONS AND BOUNDARIES
- PERSONAL ACTION PLAN
This is THE COURSE for those who need to improve communication, strengthen relationships and enhance their ability to have better interpersonal relationships. This skill development will enhance self-esteem and be transformational. It also will empower you by giving you skills that you can teach others.
The course consists of the main video, and in the RESOURCES section, there is a PowerPoint video with follow-up and additional information, as well a hand-out in PDF format. Overall, it is presented in a fun, informative, personal format. The approximate time for the entire course is over 2 hours.
- "See" others for who they are and be willing to accept them prior to forming a relationship.
- Recognize that two people may be at two different places in their capacity to give and receive love. Understand that this is not necessarily a "bad" thing - but that a loving relationship may be more challenging.
- Learn how to enhance your relationships through improving: Communication, Reflective Listening, Emotional Intimacy, Trust, Expectations and Forgiveness
- Understand how to get over an individual who is NOT committed to the relationship; The classic "friends with benefits," except only one party is truly benefiting.
- Many of these techniques/lessons/approaches can be applied to workplace relationships.