Teaching Primary Science: Getting Started
- Course provided by Future Learn
- Study type: Online
- Starts: Anytime
- Price: Free
Help your pupils love and understand science
Primary science is the first opportunity to develop your pupils’ curiosity about the world. Studies suggest that by engaging pupils in practical science work frequently, they will have a greater understanding and enjoyment of science.
On this course, you will develop your confidence in doing practical science in the primary classroom. You will explore a range of practical science techniques, activities, and enquiries and think about the impact they have upon the learning of your pupils.
What topics will you cover?
- Resourcing practical science easily
- Managing practical science in the primary classroom
- Identifying types of enquiry
- Embedding practical science in planning
- Exploring activities which spark curiosity
- Developing thinking and reasoning skills
Who is the course for?
This course is for primary school teachers who are new to teaching or would like to develop their skills in science teaching. There will be references to the English National Curriculum but learners will be encouraged to review their local curricula to contextualise the course content. This course adopts a reflective practice approach that will also support the development of teaching skills for non-UK teachers.