The 4 Streams of Compassion Based High Performance
- Course provided by Udemy
- Study type: Online
- Starts: Anytime
- Price: See latest price on Udemy
Through personal struggle, dedicated study and thousands of people served, Dr. August Leming brings his unique approach to teaching us how to be the best version of ourselves. Many of us feel our lives flying by, mostly out of our control - unable to understand how or why we feel the way we do.
This course sets out a four step plan for taking back control of our present moment, the only true freedom we posses. Learn actionable steps to becoming aware of what you are actually feeling and experiencing moment to moment and how to change these experiences if you so choose.
The 4 Streams
1. Intelligent Exercise - The most immediate and guaranteed step to becoming aware of what is going on around us and creating meaningful change. The ability to optimize our movement is the first step to interacting with the world around us. It is difficult to focus on anything else if our physical experience is not a pleasant one, and yet most of use are not truly in touch with our bodies. We have no plan, no guidance to how we should move. What are the basic exercises that everyone should be doing to feel the best we can.
2. Intelligent Consumption - You literally are what you eat. Navigating what we consume has become an almost impossible task. Conflicting information, less time and a general disconnect between our bodies and feelings have made healthy eating a source of anxiety for most people. Dr. Leming teaches his ground breaking FQMQ approach to making smart, informed and sustainable choices to what we put in our bodies.
3. Mindfulness - An ancient wisdom that has taken on many names and practices. It is arguably the most important skill we can posses to live a full and meaningful life. You will learn that it is not some mystical tradition, but rather a trainable skill everyone can and should learn. A major component of Mindfulness is understand what we are feeling in that moment, and what useful information is contained in those emotions. The skill of Emotional Intelligence is essential for any who seeks to optimize their lives.
4. Compassion - Loving kindness for ourselves and for others. The renewable energy source that no one uses. Learn what compassion really is, and how it can be used as a powerful driver for change and performance in our lives. Learn why the fuel most of us use for making choices, Fear, is not only inefficient, but also detrimental to the ultimate goal of leading a joyful life.
If you are looking for a new, better way of doing things- this is the right course for you. It will change the way you think about how you make choices in your life, and give you the skills to make the changes you desire. This is not a magic bullet or cure all pill: there is still lots of work to be done. But you can do it!
- Employ eating strategies to optimize performance
- Understand how food affects energy, emotions and output
- Practice the FQMQ method of diet behavior change
- Implement the 5 Physicalities of Human Movement
- Differentiate between Performance and Wellness
- Use mindfulness to take control of your life
- Recognize Fear and its negative impact on your performance
- Build your mental capacity to be in the present moment more more often