Are you ready to kickstart your career in Data Analytics?
Need more knowledge in Tableau, Data Visualization and Analytics?
This course is for YOU.
In this course you will build 5 separate dashboards depicting real world problems. You will learn how to connect to various data sources from Excel files to cloud servers. You will also learn how to build interactive dashboards and publish it to Tableau Online!
You will master the skills to become a good Data Analyst and build a solid foundation in understanding the data pipeline.
In this course you will learn:
Create 5 interactive dashboards and publish it online to share
Learn how to connect to different data sources such as Excel, Google Sheets and Cloud Servers.
Create a variety of charts including bar charts, line charts, donut charts, maps, tables and dual axis charts.
Create calculated fields including developing IF Statements.
Create sets, hierarchies and groups.
Understanding how joins work.
Understand Level Of Detail calculations.
Make use of the analytics pane including using trend lines
How to use dashboard actions and create interactive dashboards.
Creating a dashboard which updates daily via google sheets.
By the time you complete this course, you’ll be a highly proficient Tableau user and use all the learning from to course to enhance your career in Data and Analytics.
Projects you will work on:
Discount Mart: Discount Mart is a small supermarket.The owner wants a dashboard where he can track how well Discount Mart is doing for this year (in terms of Sales, Profit and Quantity Sold).
Green Destinations: Green Destinations is a well known travel agency. The HR Director has recently noticed an increase in employees leaving (attrition). She would like to figure out any trends or patterns based on a dashboard we will be building for her.
Super Store: Superstore is a famous retailer in Canada. They have expanded into the USA and their business model involves placing Sales Agents in every state in the USA. These sales agents are responsible for bringing in sales for the state that they are assigned.
The Sales Manager wants a dashboard to track how Sales Agents are doing.
Northwind Trade: Northwind Trade is a company which ships a variety of FMCG (Fast Moving Consumer Goods) all over the world.
The Shipping Manager doesn’t have much visibility and doesn’t know how many orders are processed and shipped on a monthly basis. He would like a dashboard of this where he selects a month and can tell how many orders are outstanding a day and where they should be shipped.
Tesla: Tesla is an American electric vehicle and clean energy company. An important shareholder is tired of receiving only monthly updates of the stock price. The shareholder would like to see any trends of the stock price specifically for the last 3 months. He also wants this data to be updated daily.
- By the end of this course you will understand the inner workings of the data analytics pipeline- from joining, filtering, extracting data to developing interactive dashboards for your clients.
- Develop 5 interactive dashboards and showcase them online to create a great profile of work for your Resume.
- Connect to different datasources such as Excel, Google Sheets and even servers!
- Be able to create in depth analyses with bar charts, line charts, donut charts and even geographical maps.
- Develop a solid understanding of how calculations on Tableau work
- Be able to understand joining datasources on Tableau and understanding types of joins
- Work with sets and Level of Detail Calculations
- Understand how Groups and Hierarchies on Tableau Works