Develop your knowledge of cyber security in today’s world
Cyber attacks have major implications for individuals, governments and businesses. No one can afford to be complacent about cyber security.
This course introduces some of the most significant issues, challenges and opportunities shaping today’s global cyber security landscape.
You will explore emerging cyber security risks, types of cyber attacks and the impact that they can have on organisations, and the specific threats posed by new technologies.
What topics will you cover?
- Current and emerging security implications
- Networks and security, loss of the traditional LAN and LAN perimeter
- Consumerisation of corporate technology through apps, tablets and smartphones
- Client-side threats, web-server security, web-applications security
- Operating system security
- Concepts, problems and issues related to modern technologies
When would you like to start?
Start straight away and learn at your own pace. If the course hasn’t started yet you’ll see the future date listed below.
Who is the course for?
This course is for anyone looking to increase their knowledge of cyber security and protect themselves against cyber attacks.
Please note that the individuals detailed in the ‘Who will you learn with?’ section below, are current staff members and may be subject to change.
Who developed the course?
Coventry secured gold in the UK Government’s 2017 Teaching Excellence Framework (TEF) and is University of the Year for Student Experience in The Times & The Sunday Times Good University Guide 2019.