The Engaging Leader Leadership Programme 'In Good Company'
- Course provided by Udemy
- Study type: Online
- Starts: Anytime
- Price: See latest price on Udemy
Developing Engaging Leaders through our innovative mini TV-drama 'In Good Company'
This online programme uses our ten-episode mini TV-drama series called 'In Good Company', written by a BAFTA nominated screenwriter and follows the story of a fictitious company, Emerson Software Solutions. The characters might be fictional, but the science is real. Using real life scenarios, we will take you on a journey of personal development. Through observation and insights following the team dynamics at Emerson Software Solutions, we see the pitfalls and problems that can impede performance, and show how engaged leaders can impact upon their own performance, their teams’ performance and ultimately, amazing customer service.
We’ve enlisted eminent experts in the field of behavioural psychology to comment on the action, and underpin the drama with neuroscience and psychology. Each episode adds more to the developing story and includes a mix of office drama and professional commentary.
The programme focuses on the following areas:
Me at My Best – improving your own performance by focusing on your own needs, health and wellbeing to minimise stress at work
My Team at Their Best – deepening relationships with our teams to create inclusive and trusting environments
The Best Customer Service – applying what we know about employee engagement to improve the customer experience
The following downloadable resources accompany the programme:
Interactive and engaging magazine-style digital PDF Workbook 1 - Me at My Best
Interactive and engaging magazine-style digital PDF Workbook 2 - My Team at Their Best
Interactive and engaging magazine-style digital PDF Workbook 3 - Best Customer Service
Health & Energy Audit
Interactive digital Reflective Journal
Team Road Map and Action Plan
Customer Road Map and Action Plan
With each section of the programme, there are three parts:
Introduction video - recapping on previous learning
Main episode of 'In Good Company', our mini TV drama written by a BAFTA nominated screenwriter
An explanation video highlighting the key learning points
Each episode of In Good Company is made up of the story within Emerson Software Solutions, followed by analysis by Professor Richard Crisp, who is an eminent Behavioural Psychologist, and then a review from the characters.
On the platform you will find seven downloadable resources that will help with the topics covered in the episodes. Please remember to download these and complete them as you watch the episodes. We hope you enjoy our innovative approach to leadership development.
- This course will teach you how to be a more engaging leader, creating an environment where people thrive at work
- This course will teach you how to improve relationships with members of your team, to create a high performing team
- This course will teach you the management behaviours, driven from neuroscience research, that you can apply to create trusting environments
- This course will teach you how to improve your focus, concentration and energy levels through improvements in diet, levels of sleep, exercise and water consumption
- This course will teach you the skill of Reflective Practice, improving our perspective, managing emotions and improving decision-making
- This course will help you understand your needs at work and the stress behaviours that can result when these are not met
- This course will teach you the importance of creating inclusive environments and the impact unintended exclusion can have on the brain
- This course will teach you the importance of knowing, caring and valuing your team to drive engagement and better performance
- This course will teach you the power of reward systems and the powerful impact of reward & recognition on individuals and teams
- This course will teach you the importance of knowing, caring and valuing your customers, to drive greater customer engagement
- That learning doesn't have to be boring - learn through an engaging story of four characters as they go through their journey to improve engagement and performance
- Expert insights provided throughout the episodes, as well as following each episode of the story of 'In Good Company' to ensure learning sticks