Learn HR strategies for building motivated, engaged and innovative teams
Rapid technological and societal developments are changing people management as we know it.
Whilst there are hundreds of courses and books full of advice for HR teams, very few prepare learners for the future of people management.
On this course, you’ll explore human resource strategies that are meaningful to practice, grounded in research, and built for the future.
You’ll discover why HRM is the responsibility of all organisational members, including employees, line managers, and C-suites and learn why people management practices can only become future-proof through customisation.
What topics will you cover?
The course is built on two interrelated themes: (1) Personnel and (2) Organization (P&O)
Topics within personnel theme cover such issues like how to keep personnel motivated, healthy, resilient, engaged, innovative, and productive:
- HRM flow: in-, through- and out-flow (how to organize practices as recruitment, selection, development, appraisal, retention)
- HRM strategy (how to design and customize HRM strategy to the organization)
- HRM architecture (how to design and customize HRM strategy to people)
- Job design (how to design high-quality jobs that are future-proof)
Topics within organization theme are about how to foster organizational performance through people management:
- HRM outcomes (how to achieve credible and legitimate people management for organizational performance)
- HRM function (how to divide responsibilities for people management across the whole organization)
- HRM and Technology (how to (re)design people management to support digital transformations)
- HRM and Innovation (how to develop innovative HRM for sustainable innovations)
When would you like to start?
Start straight away and learn at your own pace. If the course hasn’t started yet you’ll see the future date listed below.
Who is the course for?
This course is designed for HR managers and business leaders at any stage of their career, who’d like to broaden their leadership perspective.
The course will also help you to improve your personal brand and professional value, and increase your employability.
This course is also suitable for students of HR or students interested in people management.
Who developed the course?
University of Twente
As a young and entrepreneurial university in the Netherlands, the University of Twente prepares young people to tackle the grand challenges the world will be facing during the coming decades.