The Hotel Industry Diploma
- Course provided by New Skills Academy
- Study type: Online
- Starts: Anytime
- Price: £55.80 £180
69% discount for Rest Less membersBook online now
Hotel Industry DiplomaThe hotel industry diploma is a complete overview for anyone who is looking to progress their career in the hospitality industry. It is two information packed courses rolled into one package, giving you insight into the position of a hotel receptionist and a hotel manager, helping you gain the knowledge and skills you need to enjoy a successful career in one of the millions of hotels around the world. Introduction to the Hotel Industry Diploma This diploma provides you with lifetime access to the modules which gives you a chance to revisit the modules at any time. The diploma will provide you with useful advice, tips and insight into working within the hotel industry, from communication skills and taking reservations to completing paperwork and understanding the basic terminology used daily in this fast paced and exciting industry.
What You Will LearnThis particular diploma comprises of two courses offering you 39 informative modules. Each course is broken down into easily manageable modules, enabling you to study at your own pace and in the comfort of your own home on any device.
Hotel Receptionist Diploma – 16 modulesIn this course, you can expect to learn the following:
- Overview – this helps you understand the role of hotel receptionist
- Learn the basic procedures based around this position from common tasks to taking reservations and your responsibilities.
- Determine the importance of customer service. Learn about communication and how to make a good first impression.
- Identify with the different communication skills. Learn about verbal, non-verbal and written communication skills you will need in this role.
- Learn the importance of excellent telephone etiquette along with your administrative duties and how to prioritise effectively.
- Get advice and tips on dealing with difficult guests. You will also learn about safety and security and your role in ensuring this at all times.
- Know the hospitality standards from branding to star ratings.
- Get insight into the right dress code and why this is so important.
- Learn effective ways to reduce stress.
- Identify with the legal issues surrounding the industry and the importance of adhering to the codes at all times.
Hotel Management Diploma – 23 modulesIn this second course of the Hotel Industry Diploma you will learn the following:
- Understand the different products and services offered at hotels. What should be on offer and how to deal with clients when you don't offer a certain product or service.
- Get useful knowledge on hotels from the various room types to the rates, classifications and different staff required.
- Learn the importance of personal appearance and the skills you will need in this industry.
- Know the importance of being able to speak English and why you need excellent local knowledge.
- Learn how to take reservations, how to welcome guests and what telephone skills are needed, such as dealing with wake up calls or room service.
- Make sure you know the various payment methods and how to deal with foreign currency.
- Get valuable insight into the reception area, housekeeping and the leadership qualities you will need.
- Learn the different terminology, know what paperwork you will need to complete and what marketing to consider.
- Another valuable lesson you will get when taking this course is how to deal with emergencies at your hotel.
Benefits of Hotel Industry DiplomaThere are numerous benefits to taking the Hotel Industry Diploma. These benefits include:
- 2 Courses in one
- Affordable price
- Gain valuable insight into the industry
- Study from anywhere at any time
- Study at your own pace.
- Modules compatible with all devices - computer, phone or tablet
- Lifetime access to modules
- Online support
- Fast track your career
- Industry recognised diploma
- Online certification confirmation
- Easy to manage modules
- If you don't pass the test first time, you have a second opportunity
- Start using knowledge gained at work from day one