Top Tips for DAX users - Power BI and Excels Power Pivot
- Course provided by Udemy
- Study type: Online
- Starts: Anytime
- Price: See latest price on Udemy
Are you looking to improve your efficiency, your modeling skills, and your general DAX usage skills for Power BI or Power Pivot? IF so then this course is for you.
This course is a general tips course for those working with DAX in Power BI or Power Pivot. You will learn tips and tricks that will both save you time and make you more efficient. DAX is becoming a more sought after skill and this course has been designed to help you become on top of the game.
You will be given tips on the following topic and more
- Data Modelling
- Working with Date tables
- Keyboard shortcuts
- Model optimization
- Data transformation steps
- Using Power Query
- Much much more
This is a hands-on course, so you will find workbooks to download so that you can practice along
So if you are a DAX user and are looking to improve your general skills and efficiency then when don't you hope into the course and find out more.
Who this course is for:
- Beginner DAX for Power BI or Power Pivot users
- Those with some DAX experience looking for tips and tricks to improve efficiency and skills
- 00:25Raw data and course activities
- 21:03Keep Fact and Dimension tables separate
- 00:09Before you forget
- 11:54Keep the structure simple - From Snowflake to star
- 02:28Always Format measures
- 06:19Always use a date table 1. Turn off Auto date tables
- 11:52Always use a date table 2. Create a date table on the fly with Power query
- 06:51Always use a date table 3. Mark a date table as a date table
- 04:22Hide Fields
- 03:23Document measures using Tool-tips
- 14:16Do not Transform data using DAX
Paula is a qualified CPA with over 15 years' experience in the fields of Accountancy, Business Management, Process improvement, Internal Audit, Group accountant, Operations Management and Training. All across a broad range of industries and sectors. Paula has been Key Speaker at many Accounting Events where her talks on Excel are received very positively. Taken from her experiences in Accounting and business fields, Paula also has Udemy courses for those wishing to upskill, especially in the area of Spreadsheets, Bookkeeping and Accounting.
In 2020 Paula was awarded with a Microsoft MVP award for her dedication to Excel and the Excel community.