UK Employment Law Diploma
- Course provided by New Skills Academy
- Study type: Online
- Starts: Anytime
- Price: £31 £100
69% discount for Rest Less membersBook online now
UK Employment Law DiplomaThis course will give you an overview of UK employment law. You will learn how the law affects employers and workers across many domains, from recruitment to redundancy. The course draws on key pieces of legislation, presented alongside easy-to-read explanations that communicate the practical implications of employment law in the workplace. Beginning with a straightforward overview of the areas addressed by employment law, it then moves into highly specific areas including sick leave and disciplinary procedures. This course will provide you not only with a better understanding of your rights within the workplace, but it will also be invaluable if you employ staff. Anyone who employs one or more people to work for them must fulfil their duties under the law, and this course will provide you with an excellent overview of the points you need to consider. It will also be useful to those considering working as trade union representatives or thinking of a career in this field.
What you will learn:
- An overview of what is covered by employment law and how a working knowledge of legislation benefits all those in the workplace.
- How the law strives to ensure that employers recruit staff in a lawful manner in such a way that minimises discrimination and results in the best possible worker selection.
- How and when contracts of employment become legally binding, the different types of terms a contract may contain, how terms and conditions may be changed, and what happens when either party breaches a contract.
- How workers should be paid, how much they are entitled to receive under National Minimum Wage laws and how other benefits such as cars and childcare must be managed and taxed.
- How employers may legally discipline, dismiss and make redundant workers who fail to conduct themselves in an appropriate manner or whose skills are no longer required.
- The importance of health and safety in the workplace and the responsibilities of both employers and workers in upholding acceptable standards to minimise risk of injury and illness.
- Under what circumstances workers may take time off work when having or adopting a baby, and their entitlement when it comes to pay and general employment rights.
- How sick leave is dealt with in the workplace, under what circumstances a worker will receive Statutory Sick Pay (SPP), and the role of fit notes.
- The extent to which employers are legally entitled to monitor their workers, and the importance of close adherence to the Data Protection Act 2018 (including GDPR) in the handling and processing of personal data.
- How grievances and disputes ought to be handled in the workplace, from informal conversations through to conciliation processes and employment tribunals.
Benefits of taking this course:
- You can learn the material any place, any time, and at your own speed.
- All you need is an internet-enabled device.
- Content is presented as brief modules, making learning easy.
- Access to an online support system.
- A complete overview of the most common issues within UK employment law.
- Affordable cost.