Understanding and Succeeding with ADHD
- Course provided by Udemy
- Study type: Online
- Starts: Anytime
- Price: See latest price on Udemy
ADHD can be a debilitating handicap if not understood and dealt with appropriately. It can affect every area of a person’s life. ADHD is one of the most researched areas today. We know so much about it, unfortunately there is a great deal of misunderstanding and misinformation.
Dr. Hyde will give you the latest and most accurate information to date. You will be able to understand it, know how to best treat it and learn coping mechanisms that can help you succeed in school, business, home and relationships. We will examine what ADHD is and what it is not, what causes it, how to assess it, treat it and effectively cope and ultimately triumph with it.
Often, all you need is good information and then to apply and practice what you’ve learned to be highly successful.
- Understanding is power – Understand ADHD from the latest research.
- What causes ADHD.
- What treatments work and what does not.
- Learn how professionals assess, diagnose and effectively treat ADHD.
- Learn what difficulties are commonly associated with ADHD and how to overcome them.
- What executive functioning is, why it is important and how to maximize it with ADHD.
- How to recognize adult ADHD and cope with it.
- How to take advantage of the positive aspects of ADHD.
- How to best cope with ADHD in a school or business environment.
- Organizational methods that are necessary to be successful.
- How to best cope with ADHD emotionally and socially.
- How to best cope with behavioral issues.
- Driving, substance abuse and other dangers of untreated ADHD.
- Parent, spouse and family stress and how to best manage it.
- Understand the role of genetics and how ADHD can impact members of a family.
- Best coping strategies for teens.
- Understanding how to be an executive parent.
- Loving and accepting yourself and why that is important, especially for someone with ADHD.
- How to best use therapy.
- Understanding medication and how to use it optimally.
- Learn how to work effectively and productively with your medical doctor.
- Learn how to be the effective parent.