Get virtual vet work experience before embarking on a veterinary degree
The COVID-19 pandemic means that many potential vet students cannot undertake animal handling work experience.
On this course, you’ll get insight into the reality of life as a vet so that you can make an informed decision before embarking on a veterinary degree course.
You’ll learn about the structure of veterinary practice and the different governing bodies, as well as discover the day to day challenges a vet might face.
You’ll also explore the different roles available outside of general practice and find out the great opportunities such a degree can bring.
What topics will you cover?
- Introduction to the veterinary profession and how to begin a veterinary career
- Where and how vets work
- Roles of the wider veterinary team in and out of practice
- Overview of the Royal College of Veterinary Surgeons, the British Veterinary Association and professional conduct
- The benefits and challenges of the vocation
- Current and future issues for veterinary medicine and science
When would you like to start?
Start straight away and learn at your own pace. If the course hasn’t started yet you’ll see the future date listed below.
Who is the course for?
This course is designed for students considering a degree in veterinary medicine and science.
The course will also benefit anyone considering a role within the wider veterinary team.
Who developed the course?
The University of Nottingham
The University of Nottingham is committed to providing a truly international education, inspiring students with world-leading research and benefitting communities all around the world.