New Year Resolutions of a Law Student (Reviewed for 2021)
- Course provided by Udemy
- Study type: Online
- Starts: Anytime
- Price: See latest price on Udemy
- This is intended to be your 'REFERENCE COURSE' for your main legal and professional skills throughout your academic and professional legal career
**TURN OVER A NEW LEAF WITH THE HELP AND GUIDANCE FROM THIS SHORT COURSE**
*** “A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step.” Lao-tzu (Chinese Philosopher)***
- Have you set goals for the new year yet?
- Have you decided which skills you are going to improve this year?
- Do you need guidance in relation to the skills that the law students should learn and improve for a successful career?
- Are you determined to bring about a positive change in your academic and professional life this year?
- Do you need to know what skills you need to secure a job in a highly competitive legal sector?
If your answer is 'yes' to any of the questions then this course is going to provide you with the list of the skills that you must learn and improve to achieve productivity and success in your legal (academic and professional) career.
Before these promises are 'New Year Resolutions', they are 'Resolutions' first and foremost and you can make them at any point and time of the year. They can be weekly, monthly, quarterly or yearly. If you need to change something, go ahead and start making that change today. You do not even need to wait for the start of a new year, a new month or any set date. However, if it is more likely to help you stay focused or organise things, go for it. The most important thing is whenever you make them, you keep them. The change in your life is and must be the ultimate goal. I hope this year you become a part of that 10 percent elite that keep to their resolutions.
There are 12 skills (apart from Time Management Skill) recommendations in this course. You may choose to try one skill per month over the course of the year. Taking Time Management Skills over the year is strongly recommended. Any other skill must be in addition to the time management skill.
The course recommends essential skills that any law student must learn and improve upon to become successful in the legal profession. When I was a student, I wasn't fully aware of the skills that I needed to work on right from the start of my law degree. Nothing comes into mind apart from attending lectures and cramming books. Although, I learnt most of them relatively quickly, I feel that they could be learnt sooner and the students should be appropriately guided right from the start. Then there are not just academic skills, there are practical skills that must be learnt by the law students. This compilation of the essential skills (academic and practice related) is the result of my spending over fifteen years in academic and professional life. Here, I am giving you that list for free (at least for a limited time)!
GOOD LUCK WITH YOUR RESOLUTIONS!
This is what the students have said about my other courses:
*** “The course is excellent … explains everything in a plain language. Thank you.”
*** "The beauty is that these are very good and short lectures ,I will say a must-have course for anyone interested in improving his legal research skills. This course conveys in few sittings what books will tell in hundreds...."
Standard Legal Disclaimer - Please note that nothing in my courses amount to a legal or professional advice to any of your individual issues in relation to any matter. There are no guarantees and warranties of any kind given in these courses. There is no offer to provide legal or non-legal services of any kind.
Photos Courtesy: Pixabay dot com (Creative Commonc (cc))
- Understand the fundamental skills required for a successful academic and professional career in law
- Lean about the importance of the key legal skills
- Become mentally prepared to learn and improve any of the recommended skills
- Decide which of the essential skills you should improve this new year