Food & Drink
Live Christmas vegetarian cookery demonstration with Roving Chef Alex
About this event
Alex will be demonstrating how to make 4 of his favourite Christmas dishes,
- Carrot, ginger and orange soup
- Mushroom, nut and cranberry wellington
- and to finish off, hazelnut truffles.
Vegetarian for Life
Vegetarian for Life is a UK charity dedicated to improving the quality of life for vegetarians and vegans over 50. Offering support, advice, and information, they work directly with individuals and also with establishments that cater for older adults, such as care establishments. You can find more information, recipes and publications on their website.
Meet the host
Alex has been a chef for over 20 years. He’s the former Principal Tutor at the Vegetarian Society Cookery School and now works for Vegetarian For Life.
Alex welcomes any questions on vegetarian and vegan cookery you may have and is looking forward to sharing his passion for cooking and vegetarian food with you. “Food goes beyond basic nutrition, it is part of our shared experiences and cultures. All the dishes I will be making are nice and easy and above all delicious”.
How to attend the event...
- Register for the event here – this will bring up a form for you to fill in with some basic information.
- Check your email inbox for confirmation of your attendance – you should receive it almost instantly! (Remember to check your spam folder too!)
- Approximately 15 minutes before the event is due to start, you should receive an email informing you that the event starts soon.
- To join the event, click the Zoom link in the email – do not click on the “Join Now” button. There will be a Zoom link in the email that you can copy and paste into your browser. If you have any questions or are unable to join the event, please email [email protected]
- You will be taken into a virtual waiting room where you can then join the event when the hosts admit you.
- Enjoy the event!